* * *
- "Unfinished Business: Aborted Books and Failed Secessions" at Blunderbuss magazine.
- I reviewed Denis Johnson's The Laughing Monsters for Bookforum's 20th anniversary issue.
- Slate declares Flings has one of the 22 best lines of 2014.
- The In-Between Space: An Interview with Shelly Oria for the Paris Review Daily.
- On William T. Vollmann: An Indulgence, at Electric Literature
- My short story "Saint Wade" appears in Dutch translation in the premiere issue of OOGST magazine.
- I chose Mitchell S. Jackson's The Residue Years for Words After War's 2014 Year in Reading.
- I chose Charles D'Ambrosio's Loitering for Salon's "Ultimate Literary Guide to 2014"
- My appearance on Dan Wilbur's "Two Book Minimum" podcast.
- I contributed to Electric Literature's "25 Best Story Collections of the Year" (I'm pleased to report that my collection, Flings, is also named to the list).
- At Poets & Writers, I recommend reading poetry in the morning for the Writers Recommend series.
- I contributed to Words of the Year: The Best Things They Read in 2014" at the Barnes & Noble Review.
- At Eat Genius, I talked about reading & eating
- A Best of the Year Books List with Occasional Asides
- On Books and Book Tours
- Talking about literary tattoos with the Chattahoochee Review.
- There's an interview with me in BOMB: The Author Interviews, published by SOHO Press.
- Two-sentence fiction on a Thanksgiving theme at Salon.
- Book Notes for Largehearted Boy.
- "The Lay of the Land" for B&N Review.
- My summer reading for Writers Read.
- Q&A Blowout: Mysticism, Husker Du, and Girls at the Tottenville Review. On "The Unwriteable Idea" at the Story Prize blog; talking with Aaron Calvin at Buzzfeed, with Tiffany Gibbert at Time Out New York, with Rosa Inocencio Smithh at The American Reader, and with Celia Johnson at Slice. That last is an excerpt from Slice #15, in which same issue I select and introduce a short story by my former student Ingrid Nelson. Politics, 10:04, and aesthetics at Tweed's.
- I got Slaughterhouse90210'd.
- I read my story "Gregory's Year" on The Catapult podcast episode 14, which also features Rebecca Worby.
- "The Power of the Fake ID," a true story about doing something truly stupid, in Details.
- A write-up (with pictures!) of the Slice magazine issue 15 launch reading at the Story Prize blog.
- A write-up (with pictures!) of the "Where Are Jess Row and Justin Taylor?" event at Housing Works, 8/26/14.
- Last Night's Reading drew me reading from my story "Sungold" at the Flings launch.
- "Carol, Alone", a short story in the "Missing Persons" issue of Rooster. And a related conversation with Edan Lepucki.
- "Whenever I Have Done a Thing in Flames", a profile of Michael Shannon for VMan #31.
- A Q&A at Literary State of Mind
- I'm interviewed about Flings, writing place, and more at The Common.
- "Wry and Dry: Reading the New Lydia Davis Book as Chinese Buffet", New York Observer, 3/13/14.
- "The Happy Valley", new short fiction in Lucky Peach #10, "The Street Food Issue."
- I'm interviewed at epic length about the history of The Agriculture Reader at Vol. 1 Brooklyn.
- I contributed to Edan Lepucki's round-up of "Writers on Delight".
- The Agriculture Reader recommends "The Dead Generations" by Jared Hohl, for Recommended Reading #96.
- Cameos in two AWP2014 mega-posts: "37 Writers Share the Books that Saved Their Lives" at BuzzFeed; "Selected Blurred Images from AWP Seattle" at Coldfront.
- Contributed to two Flavorwire pieces: "Which Books Should We Stop Calling Classics?"
and, conversely, "The New Classics: 21 Writers Tell Us Which Books They'd Add to the Canon".
- An interview with Fiona Maazel in Bomb #124.
- "The Best Books and Non-Books of 2013", a year-end list for Vice.
- "39 Steps Interactive Adaptation Trips and Stumbles" at Kill Screen.
- "What's In a Name?" an essay in Slice 12.
- I guest-edited Electric Literature's Recommended Reading #79: Sara Novic's "Notes on a War-torn Childhood."
- I answer "12 or 20 Questions" (it turned out to be 20) at Rob McLellan's blog.
- "Mr. Bellow's Planet: Saul's Son Speaks Up" in the New York Observer.
- "A Bolt from the Blues: Fiona Maazel's Woke Up Lonely" in the April/May Bookforum.
- "It Ain't Easy: William Gaddis's Life in Letters" for the New York Observer.
- My story "A Talking Cure" in Electric Literature's Recommended Reading series.
I also made their blog's January 2013 Playlist.
- "Gregory's Year", a short story in Tablet magazine's monthly fiction series. And a related article.
- Also, this happened. After I heard about it, I sent them a new copy of the book.
- My essay on The Codex Seraphinianus reprinted with a new preface at McSweeney's Internet Tendency to celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Believer.
- The Spanish edition of The Gospel of Anarchy.
- At the Gameological Society, A conversation with Drew Toal about playing Final Fantasy 3.
- A review of Prosperous Friends by Christine Schutt in the New York Observer.
- "After Ellen", a short story in the The New Yorker. And a brief Q&A at their Page-Turner blog.
- "Flings", a short story, in the summer issue of Prairie Schooner, and a Q&A on their website.
- I took some pictures at Moby-Dick Marathon NYC 2012.
- A letters exchange with Joshua Cohen for the Jewish Book Council.
- An interview with Elissa Schappell at FSG's Work in Progress blog.
- "Woes Make the Man": On Donald Antrim's reissued trilogy in the Bookforum summer issue.
- Panel Transcript: "Writing, Editing and Publishing in the Americas" with John Reed, Andres Neumann,
Carlos Labbe, and Craig Epplin at McnNally Jackson, May 8, 2012.
- The Spanish edition of my story collection, Aqui todo es mejor.
- "Dr. Henry Selwyn: last memory": an erasure poem in Coffin Factory #3.
- "A Talking Cure", a short story in The Coffin Factory issue 2.
- "Shot of Love", a short story in Brooklyn Magazine #2.
- "The Triumph of the Possible", an essay on novels about poets at The Poetry Foundation.
- A little love for Game of Thrones in VMAN.
- Quick Q&A at Book Stalker.
- "A Word About Writing" at Celia Johnson's blog.
- I make some 4/20 Reading Recommendations at Flavorwire.
- "Poets", a short story at Five Chapters.
- "Clark the Saint", new short fiction at Narrative magazine.
- "Genre in the Mainstream": an appreciation of Stephen King's From a Buick 8 at Tor.com.
- A profile of the Dog House Band in Oxford American's online music issue.
- "The Situation in American Writing" at Full Stop.
- My favorite reads of 2011 at FSG's Works in Progress.
- An interview with me in the Daily Nebraskan.
- A review of Nobody Ever Gets Lost by Jess Row for Bookforum online.
- I answer fifty one questions in the premiere issue of The Coffin Factory. Preview it at their website.
- On Train Dreams by Denis Johnson for The Faster Times.
- Some blog coverage of the "Bartleby the Scrivener" marathon reading at 60 Wall Street: Library Journal, Richard Grayson's Blog
- A review of Luminarium by Alex Shakar in the September/October issue of Bookforum.
- "Things, Boundlessly" - on Louis Zukofsky's "A" at the Poetry Foundation.
- An interview with me at Holy Diver.
- A two-part interview with Jason Molina of Magnolia Electric Co. at The Faster Times: Part 1; Part 2.
- I'm interviewed about revision, regret and publishing online: Abridged version at Matt Bell's Blog; uncut version at Big Lucks.
- "Aggregate," new short fiction, in Lumina #10.
- Two essays about Hong Kong: About the English-language bookstore scene (The Faster Times);
About eating bull penis brisket noodle soup (Asymptote).
- "Eulogy", an essay in The Review of Contemporary Fiction's Failure issue.
- Blog post about Bill Hayward's "Looking for Dragons" at the Best American Poetry blog.
- "Nice Variations," nonfiction which appears as the foreword to It's Nice That #5. I also wrote a short piece about my bookshelf for the It's Nice That website.
- A review of Jim Shepard's You Think That's Bad in the April/May Bookforum.
- An interview in the Charlotte ViewPoint
- "What Are You Reading?" at the New Yorker's Book Bench blog. (Turns out the answer is Raymond Carver and Eileen Myles.)
- A "quick and dirty" interview with me at Vol. 1 Brooklyn.
- An interview with me at the Hipster Book Club.
- An interview with me at the L Magazine.
- Writers Read- on Rebecca Wolff & Jeremy Schmall.
- I'm interviewed at Impose magazine.
- I make some recommendations at Poets & Writers.
- "Estrellas y Rascacielos", a story from Everything Here is the Best Thing Ever, is featured at Fifty-Two Stories.
- I write about my influences in the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- An excerpt from The Gospel of Anarchy at Swink.
- An excerpt from The Gospel of Anarchy at The Collagist (NSFW).
- My "Secret Soundtrack" to The Gospel of Anarchy at Largehearted Boy.
- I'm interviewed at Time Out (New York).
- I'm interviewed at the Paris Review Daily.
- A massive interview with me in Brooklyn Based. Starts here, continues here.
- On Jeremy Schmall's Jeremy Schmall and the Cult of Comfort.
- I'm interviewed at The Rumpus by Royal Young. We talk about Gospel, internet porn, Y2K and punk rock.
- I have a Lost & Found essay on G.K. Chesterton's Father Brown Mysteries in the new issue of Tin House.
- On Barry Hannah's Long, Last, Happy in the New York Times Book Review.
- Everything Here is the Best Thing Ever has been long-listed for The Story Prize.
- I'm interviewed on NPR Aspen's Page by Page.
- A personal Top 5 list at The L Magazine: a sandwich, MDMA Films, a laundromat, books, Phish 12/30/10 at MSG.
- The American Library Assocation names The Word Made Flesh a 2011 Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers.
- An untimely review of Stories Up to a Point (1981) by Bette Pesetsky in the January '11 Believer.
- An essay on the Pine Hill Haints in the 2010 Oxford American Music Issue.
- I am named a Brooklyn writer to watch out for in 2011...and beyond.
- On Ted Berrigan's letters to his first wife, at the Poetry Foundation.
- On Radiohead's Kid A at ten years old (the contributions are alpha by author; scroll down).
- Eva and I were on NPR's On Point.
- The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide is a photo-anthology I edited with Eva Talmadge. Watch the book trailer.
- My review of Matthew Sharpe's You Were Wrong is in the Sept/Oct issue of Bookforum.
- I have a short essay on the death of the reader in the new issue (#6) of Canteen.
- I am interviewed at the Mid-Continent Public Library.
- I am interviewed at the Tottenville Review.
- I am interviewed about the apocalypse in the August issue of Hobart online.
- An essay for Beatrice.com's "Selling Shorts" series, about "The Crazy Thought" by David Gates.
- I answer some questions at The Story Prize blog.
- I made the Dzanc Books list of 20 Writers to Watch.
- I'm interviewed in the July issue of Bookslut by Mark Doten.
- A Dog Days Reading List at the Poetry Foundation (re-published at the Huffington Post).
- I'm part of a small group interview at The San Francisco Examiner.
- I'm interviewed by Mike Young at Word Riot.
- A review of Demanding the Impossible: A History of Anarchism in Time Out New York.
- I'm interviewed at Creative Loafing.
- "Fans Revolt on Grateful Dead Comment Thread!" at HTMLGiant.
- "Metal Flowers," a short-short on Significant Objects.
- Interview at Annalemma.
- Interview at The Portland Mercury.
- Interview at Impose Magazine.
- A Few Moments of Sleeping and Waking: On Zachary German's Eat When You Feel Sad.
- "Literary Mourning--Thoughts on Barry Hannah" at Paper Cuts.
- Interview at the BOMB blog.
- Short Cuts Q&A at the NYT Paper Cuts Blog.
- Interview and reading on the 2/13/10 edition of Book Talk at Breakthru Radio (podcast).
- A Q&A with Jason Diamond at Jewcy.com.
- A short profile at the Greenpoint Gazette.
- I review Normal People Don't Live Like This by Dylan Landis and Ten Walks/Two Talks by Jon Cotner and Andy Fitch for Time Out New York.
- I'm on the Bat Segundo show.
- A post about me and my work on Dennis Cooper's The Weaklings.
- I take the L Magazine Author Questionnaire.
- I have a short segment in this podcast by the Jewish Daily Forward.
- A Q&A at Too Many Books in the Kitchen
- Book Notes: An Essay at Largehearted Boy on the music in Everything Here is the Best Thing Ever
- Read "Tennessee," a story from Everything Here, at Fifty-two Stories.
- A guest-post on the Recommended Reading blog.
- I take the page 69 test, wherein I open my book to its sixty-ninth page and then write about what I find there.
- "Esto Perpetua," a short story at The Outlet, the Electric Literature blog.
- Review of The Book of Jokes by Momus in the January '10 Believer.
- There's a brief profile of me/Everything Here... in the February issue of New Jersey Monthly.
- Review of Mathias Svalina's Destruction Myth at HTMLGiant.
- "The Story About The Story About the Story," a book review at The Faster Times.
- Review of Under the Dome by Stephen King at Bookforum Online.
- "[ ] ('Storm,')" - a poem in New CollAge, Fall 2009 issue.
- "Amber at the Window in Hurricane Season" appears in PRISM Index #1.
- Beckett and the Guy from New Jersey: A Conversation
about Joshua Cohen's A Heaven of Others. With Kyle Minor, at The Rumpus.
- I appear in the film 6o WRITERS / 60 PLACES by Luca Dipierro and Michael Kimball.
- On "Sadie's Ways" by The Esquires in the Oxford American 2009 music issue.
- No Apologies: An Interview with Zak Smith at The Faster Times.
- Review of Tao Lin's Shoplifting from American Apparel, co-written with Drew Toal via gchat, at HTMLGiant.
- "A Figure in the Distance Even to My Own Eye:" Ten Years of David Berman's Actual Air
in the Believer music issue (July/August '09).
- More Perfect Depictions of Noise, my collection of poems.
- Reviewing the Amazon Reviewers: I know this book has the word "Apocalypse" in the title, but that doesn't mean it's going to be shitty sci-fi (even the sci-fi in it is really good) so if all you want in life is shitty sci-fi, do us both a favor and buy a different book at HTMLGiant.
- Review of Stephen Elliott's The Adderall Diaries at HTMLGiant.
- "Kierkegaard: Three Erasures of the Same Paragraph" & "Thoughts on Erasure" in The New Yinzer, Summer 2009 issue.
- Top Shelf, my column in FLAUNT; this month a review of Noelle Kocot's Sunny Wednesday.
- The Codex, the Hurders, and me: a new book, an old book, and two years of intermittent emailing at HTMLGiant.
- "Refrigerate After Opening According to the Riches of His Grace," a non-fiction story in Washington Square.
- Lost & Found: On Stephen King's Needful Things in the Tin House Appetites issue (#39).
- "No Names," a non-fiction story in Columbia: A Journal of the Arts #47.
- The last Book I Loved: Bleak House at The Daily Rumpus.
- "Jennifer" and "Like a Moonward Thought," two short-shorts in GIGANTIC #1
- "Jewels Flashing in the Night of Time," a short story in New York Tyrant Vol. 2, No. 3.
- Top Shelf, my column in Flaunt, this month (#102) is an interview with Robert Polito.
- "In My Heart I Am Already Gone," a short story in Canteen #4.
- The Agriculture Reader is profiled in a Time Out New York article on literary journals.
- Jeremy Schmall and I are interviewed about The Agriculture Reader at Hex Education.
- Review of Wells Tower's Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned in the March issue of Paste.
- Maximum Etc. presents ... X-ing Books Day.
- "Somewhere I Have Heard this Before," a short story in Hex Education.
- TWO POEMS: "The Grateful Dead" and "Symmetric Axiom of Equality
Defeats the Laundry for Richard Brautigan" in Torpedo #4.
- "Underground Man," an essay on Nimrod Workman for The Nation online.
- "Cousin Emmy: She Was Who She Was" an essay in the Oxford American 10th Anniversary Southern Music issue.
- "Go Down Swinging," a short story in New York Tyrant #5.
- "Sucks to be a Mushroom: in which we read David Orr’s essay on poetic greatness until our hangover goes away"
- New & Massive: The Rumpus (includes Q&A with Stephen Elliott)
- "George Saunders and his enormous, throbbing heart: a homily"
- Three poems in Forklift, Ohio #19.
- Top Shelf, my column in FLAUNT, focuses this month on Katy Lederer and Ariana Reines (issue #100).
- The newest installment of Top Shelf, my column in FLAUNT #98, on Chris Adrian's A Better Angel.
- New Top Shelf column in FLAUNT #97. Discussed: Christine Schutt's All Souls. (Print only)
- Maximum Etc. Presents Two Dozen Pictures I've Taken of My Friend Maggie (A guest-post on Dennis Cooper's blog.)
- New Top Shelf column in FLAUNT #96. (Print only)
- Two Stories: "I Said Something I Didn't Quite Catch"
and "The Copernican System" in NO COLONY #1 (Print Only)
- Five poems in diode Vol. 2, No. 1
- "Physical Art in the Digital Age: Micro-press Poetry" - Paste, September '08.
- My short story, "The Jealousy of Angels," first published in Del Sol Review, is collected in Best of the Web 2008 (Dzanc Books). Ryan Call at NewPages.com listed my story as one of his favorites from the book.
- Interview with John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats in FLAUNT #95.
- My short story "Ted" is now out in the second issue of Torpedo
and in the anthology See You Next Tuesday: The Second Coming.
- My short story "Finding Myself" in 5_trope.
- My short story "A House in Our Arms" is now out in H.O.W. Journal #2.
- Review of Farewell Navigator by Leni Zumas in Time Out New York (June 12-18, 2008).
- Death to the World: An interview with Will Oldham is now out in YETI #5
- What is Justin Taylor reading?
- new FLAUNT column (issue #94)- discussion of DeLillo's Falling Man and Nicholson Baker's Human Smoke
- Review of Peter Markus's Bob, or, Man on Boat in the June issue of Paste.
- In-brief review of Last Last Chance by Fiona Maazel in Slate.
- Poetry column in the new issue of FLAUNT (#93)- print only.
- Review of Valzhyna Mort's Factory of Tears at Coldfront.
- Review of Campbell McGrath's Seven Notebooks. Bookslut, April 2008.
- Review of Lisa Olstein's Radio Crackling, Radio Gone at Coldfront.
- Four stories from The Apocalypse Reader in Dutch translation in the new issue of Deus Ex Machina.
DeM translated me, Brian Evenson, Joyce Carol Oates, and Shelley Jackson. My story: "Poolverschuiving."
- The Tao Lin Trilogy, three poems, in Lamination Colony.
- I have a piece in this anthology: Not Quite What I was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure.
Excerpt from my six-word memoir: "Former..."
- McSweeney's #24 features Come Back, Donald Barthelme, a Symposium on the author's life and work.
Featuring essays by Gary Lutz, David Gates, Ann Beattie, Oscar Hijuelos, Grace Paley, George Saunders,
and many more, plus 2 previously uncollected Barthelme stories. I curated and edited the project, which
is roughly the length of a short book. Also, the issue is a design marvel- absolutely gorgeous & mildly baffling.
- I'm interviewed by Jeff VanderMeer re The Apocalypse Reader on the Amazon Daily Blog.
- Maximum Etc. Presents the Many Worlds Theory of the Apocalypse Reader at Dennis Cooper's blog.
- "Fort Smith, Arkansas--A Monologue," originally published in Barrelhouse #2,
has been cited as a Notable Essay in Best American Essays 2007.
- "Duplex in Homine Regimen," "Still Life with Some Motion, Brooklyn NY," "Summer X."
Three poems in Agriculture Reader #2. Buy it here.
- "Epistemology of My Scarves and Gloves," a short story in Forklift, Ohio #17.
Handmade, thoroughly excellent journal of poetry, cooking, and light industrial safety. Order yours.
- The Apocalypse Reader is featured on WPR's To The Best of Our Knowledge. I'm interviewed by Jim Fleming and several stories from the Reader are read by actors.
- Review of Roy Kesey's All Over in the November/December issue of The Believer.
- Dusted Off: On Death, Sleep and the Traveller by John Hawkes in the November issue of Paste.
- On Brautigan an essay for Lost Magazine.
- Great review of The Apocalypse Reader in Small Spiral Notebook.
- Big-League Doom: Stephen King's Apocalypses, an essay for Powell's City of Books.
- "Nude Self-Portraits Taken to Overcome Anxiety Regarding Same" a poem in Pilot #2
- Apocalypse Reader reviewed in the LA Times and in Bookslut.
- "Estrellas y Rascacielos" my contribution to Dennis Cooper's Userlands anthology,
is now available online, courtesy of NPR.
- Review of David Markson's The Last Novel in the June issue of Bookslut.
- Great, brief write-up of Apocalyspe Reader on Australian lit site ThreeThousand
- I'm interviewed by Rachel Fershleiser in The Villager
- I'm interviewed by Jessa Crispin, on the Bookslut blog
- I'm interviewed by the Huffington Post
- "Fall from Grace", an essay at Nextbook.org.
- "The Tao Lin Trilogy" 3 poems on Dennis Cooper's blog for Tao Lin Day.
- "Don't Tell the Manager of the Whole Foods on the Bowery We Used to Sleep Where the Olive Bar is Now"
a short story on Dennis Cooper's blog; part of Anarchism Day.
- The Codex Seraphinianus: A Fragment of the Complete History of an Unknown Planet
an essay in the May issue of The Believer; also available online.
- Review of Ben Greenman's A Circle is a Balloon and Compass Both in the May issue of Bookslut.
- "What Will Be, Daryl", a short story in Opium.4 (in print only).
- "The Jealousy of Angels" and "The Best Girl: A Story with a Moral"
in the Spring 2007 Del Sol Review.
- Review of Philip K. Dick's Voices from the Street
Bookslut, March 2007
- "Estrellas y Rascacielos", a short story, in Userlands, an anthology
edited by Dennis Cooper (Akashic, January 2007).
- Two poems in the January issue of elimae.
- "Warren and Patricia"- The Agriculture Reader #1.
- Review of Severance by Robert Olen Butler. Originally published by Bookslut,
this review got picked up by the Minneapolis Star-Tribune and now you can read it there.
- My 2006 Top Ten List at Econoculture.
- A Perpetual Geyser of Pus: GWAR in The Brooklyn Rail (November)
- Four Stories: "Shaking the Superflux," "Excerpt from the Interview,"
"Naked Pictures of Your Parents," "First Church." Mad Hatters Review, Fall 2006.
- A review of A Box of Longing With Fifty Drawers by Jen Benka
Rain Taxi, Fall 2006
- Book Review: Severance: Stories by Robert Olen Butler at Boookslut.
- Book Review: The Open Curtain by Brian Evenson at Econoculture.
- "Queensbound G," a poem at Juked.com
- Three poems: "Is There Devil Music in Heaven?," "Learning,"
and "The Maximum Etc. Poem" elimae, September 2006
- Review of Dark Familiar by Aleda Shirley at Coldfront.
- My contribution to Kevin O'Cuinn's Unfinished Stories project.
- An Interview with Matthew Zapruder at Econoculture.
- "Kiss, Kiss," a short-short.
- "Arias on the Crosstown," a poem at Juked.com
- 5 short-shorts: "Families Just Like Yours," "Pole Shift," "Momentary,"
"Secrets of My Succes," & "Prayer Candle" in the July/August Brooklyn Rail
- This is Not Chick Lit: Original Stories by America's Best Women Writers
reviewed at Econoculture
- Old-timey Riot Music for Dancing: The Can Kickers, an essay at Econoculture.
- Uncomfortably Numb, a short essay for Nextbook.org
- "Dispatches from the Multitude of Worldly Things," a poem at Juked.com
- Interview with Gary Lutz in Bookslut #50
- Review of Michael Standaert's Skipping Toward Armageddon: The Politics and Propaganda
of the Left Behind Novels and the LaHaye Empire (Soft Skull, 2006) at Econoculture
- buoyant little acts of violence, a six-poem chapbook from B54 Press.
50 numbered copies. This hand-folded book comes in a translucent envelope and unfolds
to reveal the sixth poem. Contains the poems "Ballad of the Stomach that Ate Itelf, The"
and "Winterscape," first published in Can we have our ball back?, and four new poems.
- Interview with Fanny Howe for Half Drunk Muse, Spring 2006
- "Fort Smith, Arkansas--A Monologue" in Barrelhouse #2
- Confessions of Sequestered Juror #4
Juked, April 2006
- Interview with Steve Aylett Bookslut, April 2006
- (DEAD LINK) Four Poems: "Nectarine," "Something," "Ballad of the Stomach that Ate Itself, The"
and "Late Winter" in the new issue of Can We Have Our Ball Back?
- Cogswell/Campbell: Zioncheck for President
Punk Planet #72 (March/April 2006)
- Review of Chris Bachelder's U.S.!
Bookslut, March 2006
- Uncentering the Earth: Copernicus and the Revolutions
of the Heavenly Spheres by William T. Vollmann
Bookslut, February 2006
- Transformations: On Aimee Bender's Willful Creatures
American Book Review, January/February 2006
- "Untouchable is Something to Be: The Rise and Continued Rise of Against Me!"
The Brooklyn Rail, December 2005 (online and in print)
- "An Interview with Kristian Williams" *AND* "Tetris" (a short story)
Punk Planet #69 (Sept/Oct 2005)
- "Chris Bachelder and the Politics of Giving a Damn"
Rain Taxi Fall 2005 Online Edition
- "A Limited Edition of One": In Conversation, sort of, with David Berman
The Brooklyn Rail, October 2005
Single Line Quarterly (in Orphan Leaf Review), July 2005
- An Interview With Kevin Sampsell
Bookslut, July 2005
- The Fall of Heartless Horse
The Modern Word, May/June 2005
- The World of William T. Vollmann
Rain Taxi (online edition), Spring 2005
- Animal Rights and Pornography by J. Eric Miller (book review)
Rain Taxi, Spring 2005 (print edition)
- "It Goes to Eleven," or, How Nirvana Sounds Now
n+1, week of April 5, 2005
- McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories (book review)
Punk Planet, March/April 2005
- What Are They Reading? (review of H.P. Lovecraft: Tales)
The Nation, March 2005
- Ambulance Chasing- an interview with Jonathan Wilson
Nextbook, February 2005
- An Interview With Dennis Cooper
Bookslut, February 2005
Book reviews for COUNTERPUNCH
- Harry Potter and the War on Terror
Counterpunch, August 2005
- Faux Bio and the Pleasures of Lint
Counterpunch, July 2005
- The Fear of Paul Virilio
(June 2005: on Paul Virilio's Art and Fear)
- The Crawling Chaos: Lovecraft's Polymorphous Legacy
(May 2005: on Michel Houellebecq's Lovecraft biography)
- Beware of Beware of God
(April 2005: on Shalom Auslander's Beware of God)
- Zizek Seen Over the Handlebars
(March 2005: on Slavoj Zizek's Iraq: The Borrowed Kettle)
- The Folk-Histories of John Ross
(February 2005: on John Ross's Murdered by Capitalism)
- Empire's Lawless Opportunities
(December 2004: on Christian Parenti's The Freedom)
- Harry Potter and the War on Terror